April 2016 Rundown

April 2016 Rundown

Wednesday, May 4, 2016


I know everybody says this, but I don't even know where April went. I feel cheated. What did I do with my time?? But I'm also so so grateful to be edging into warmer days and reading outside.

Anyway, general updates: I started using Snapchat again this month! I'm 4 years late, but it's a pretty good time. My username's uulianne, so send me pictures of your pets.

You also may have noticed on Twitter that I've started posting some clothing to Poshmark. I haven't announced this explicitly anywhere in public, but in July I'm going to Japan!! WHAT, I know. So I'm trying to save up more money so I can actually eat food while I'm there by selling some clothes. So if you like my outfits ever, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO OWN THEM. You can check out my closet here and if you use the invite code NQASG when signing up on the app, we'll both get fake money to buy clothes with. So it's a win win. Also, what size I wear surprises some, so PLEASE check out my stuff even if you think we're different sizes. And I have cute shoes. OK, THAT'S ALL.

WHAT I DID


1. // Started posting for the Magers & Quinn Instagram account. If you like my photos, you might want to follow the ol' bookstore. Your girl's moving on up in the world!!

2. // Went to the middle of nowhere with Jenna from JMill Wanders. The weekend writing retreat was a dream.

3. // Studied Japanese a whole lot. It really took up a lot of my time. Between relearning and learning new kanji, trying to remember words and interpret Japanese tv shows, and regularly chatting with Japanese people online, I've been a little Japanese oversaturated. I'll probably talk about my language learning process more in depth in the future, if that interests anybody.



BOOKS READ

 


1. // The Long Shadow of Small Ghosts by Laura Tillman

2. // Genius, Vol.1 by Marc Bernardin

3. // This Census-Taker by China MiĆ©ville

4. // Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel

This month was a record-breaking low in books read, but you probably understand why now.

 

MY BEST APRIL POSTS


BOOKS I PLAN TO READ IN MAY


1. // Zero K by Don DeLillo

2. // Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay

3. // Some Possible Solutions by Helen Phillips


THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN MAY


1. // BookExpo America!! If you're going to BEA, you must tell me. I'm so excited to be in Chicago again and to meet a ton of lovely bookish individuals.

2. // Camping? Will I have a moment free with which to do this? Your guess is as good as mine.

3. // Getting better at Japanese. Fingers crossed.

 

Happy May, everyone! Tell me about the best book you read in April!

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...