Readathon 2018 Mini Challenge: #CoverFromMemory

Readathon 2018 Mini Challenge: #CoverFromMemory

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Happy 24 Hour Readathon, everybody! I have a mini-challenge here for you...one that I absolutely adore. I was going to try to come up with a new idea, but this one just makes me laugh too much. It's the classic, very funny #CoverFromMemory. You know it, you love it. But if you don't, here's more on the challenge:

I don't know about you all, but even before I was a bookseller, I prided myself on how I would remember the covers of books. I was never completely helpless when a bookstore customer came up to me and said that they don't know the name of the book, but it's blue. But how good would I actually be at reproducing these book covers? It's time to find out.

What I want you to do is think of a book. Maybe an all-time favorite, maybe a book you read two months ago. Now, with no googling or shelf-searching, you need to draw it. You don't need to be an artist! Let's be real, the uglier it is, the better. Imaginary bonus points if you use MS Paint. Here's my example where I drew Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller.



I couldn't find my colored pencils, so I did a sick hand-drawn/photoshop combo. I don't know why I didn't remember that the ghosty thing very explicitly looked like a person. Anyway: YIKE.

Accuracy won't get you the win; just participation! Either post your creation in the comments or share it on social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Litsy, or the comment here) with the hashtags #Readathon **AND** #CoverFromMemory.

At the end of the readathon, one winner will be randomly chosen and will win my Outlandish Lit Weird Ebook Bundle. The ebook bundle has 13 novels and short story collections in it, all DRM free (and legally obtained!!). If you're a fan of weird fiction, strange lyrical poetry, and sci-fi, this is the collection of books for you. It has two of my favorite books in it! Good luck and I hope you enjoy this ridiculous break from reading!

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...