Getting big dramatic news on the last day of the month is becoming a trend. Last month I got my bookseller job offer on August 31. On September 30, I got approved for an apartment and immediately went to go sign the lease! I move in today, which is kind of crazy. I haven't even started packing my books, oh lord.
The book/blogging slump continued through September, unfortunately. Now that I'm moving somewhere new and can become an independent person again, I think my productivity and happiness are going to skyrocket. Fingers crossed.
WHAT I DID
1. // Got an apartment. FINALLY. Who knew it would be so difficult and unpleasant?
2. // Worked. A lot. But I like it. And I haven't made any horrible mistakes yet.
3. // Wow, I should really be packing right now. I'm glad that this is the thing I have to panic about instead of the never finding an apartment thing.
1. // Bull Mountain by Brian Panowich
2. // Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera
3. // After Perfect by Christina McDowell
4. // Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe
5. // The Divine by Boaz Lavie
6. // Black Hole by Charles Burns
7. // Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice by John Layman
8. // Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson
9. // The Woods, Vol. 2: The Swarm by James Tynion IV
10. // Revival, Vol. 3: A Faraway Place by Tim Seeley
11. // X'ed Out by Charles Burns
12. // The Nobody by Jeff Lemire
MY BEST SEPTEMBER POSTS
- New Glasses & Books That Would Look Better With Them
- Ode To My Childhood Library
- Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR
BOOKS I PLAN TO READ IN OCTOBER
1. // The Determined Heart: The Tale of Mary Shelley and her Frankenstein by Antoinette May
2. // Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
3. // Three Moments of an Explosion by China Miéville
THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN OCTOBER
1. // Getting acquainted with my new neighborhood. This is going to be SO MUCH FUN. Minneapolis is a nice place.
2. // Walking to work. Living walking distance from the bookstore is going to be an actual dream.
3. // Visiting Chicago. Because I just can't stay away.