September 2015 Rundown

September 2015 Rundown

Thursday, October 1, 2015










Getting big dramatic news on the last day of the month is becoming a trend. Last month I got my bookseller job offer on August 31. On September 30, I got approved for an apartment and immediately went to go sign the lease! I move in today, which is kind of crazy. I haven't even started packing my books, oh lord.

The book/blogging slump continued through September, unfortunately. Now that I'm moving somewhere new and can become an independent person again, I think my productivity and happiness are going to skyrocket. Fingers crossed.

WHAT I DID


1. // Got an apartment. FINALLY. Who knew it would be so difficult and unpleasant?

2. // Worked. A lot. But I like it. And I haven't made any horrible mistakes yet.

3. // Wow, I should really be packing right now. I'm glad that this is the thing I have to panic about instead of the never finding an apartment thing.



BOOKS READ

 



1. // Bull Mountain by Brian Panowich

2. // Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera

3. // After Perfect by Christina McDowell

4. // Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe

5. // The Divine by Boaz Lavie

6. // Black Hole by Charles Burns

7. // Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice by John Layman

8. // Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson

9. // The Woods, Vol. 2: The Swarm by James Tynion IV

10. // Revival, Vol. 3: A Faraway Place by Tim Seeley

11. // X'ed Out by Charles Burns

12. // The Nobody by Jeff Lemire

 

MY BEST SEPTEMBER POSTS


BOOKS I PLAN TO READ IN OCTOBER


1. // The Determined Heart: The Tale of Mary Shelley and her Frankenstein by Antoinette May

2. // Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff

3. // Three Moments of an Explosion by China MiƩville


THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN OCTOBER


1. // Getting acquainted with my new neighborhood. This is going to be SO MUCH FUN. Minneapolis is a nice place.

2. // Walking to work. Living walking distance from the bookstore is going to be an actual dream.

3. // Visiting Chicago. Because I just can't stay away.

 

 

Happy October, everyone! Tell me about the best book you read in September!

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...