It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Oct 5, 2015]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Oct 5, 2015]

Monday, October 5, 2015

I'm moved into my new apartment and I finally have internet!! It was a looong 5 days without it, let me tell you. Luckily, I have also been horribly sick so all I can really manage to do is lay around in bed anyway. And I'm not even completely moved in yet. What a week.

This week I exclusively read graphic novels (what else is new?). The Divine by Boaz Lavie was aaaaabsolutely stunning. Like I need to purchase a copy of my own just so I can look at it and be amazed every once in a while. Through the Woods by Emily Carroll was exactly my kind of creepy. And Chew by John Layman was a pretty good time, but I don't know if I'll continue the series. Ain't got time for that.

Yesterday, despite being sick, I went to a rep night thing where reps from different publishers pitched books to us booksellers. It was very deeply exciting for me. I came out of there with a buuunch of great new and upcoming books. I got Not on Fire, But Burning by Greg Hrbek, Bats of the Republic by Zachary Thomas Dodson, new literary horror by Brian Evenson, Blackass by A. Igoni Barrett, and a few others. I won't brag too much. Just know that my life is essentially complete.

THIS WEEK I READ:

  • The Divine by Boaz Lavie
  • Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice by John Layman
  • Through the Woods by Emily Carroll


CURRENTLY READING:


I don't normally read historical fiction, but I'm obsessed with Mary Wollstonecraft. Her kid, Mary Shelley, is a badass too. A fictionalized account of Mary Shelley's life sounded too fascinating to pass up. Right now I'm at the beginning of The Determined Heart by Antoinette May in Mary's childhood and I'm a little tired of the "evil step-mother" plot going on, but it's bound to be more interesting once Mary becomes an adult person. Here's hoping.






What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...