It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Sept 28, 2015]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Sept 28, 2015]

Monday, September 28, 2015

Do we even need to talk about my weird absences? Probably not at this point. I like hadn't been able to finish a book in about two or three weeks, but FINALLY I changed that and finished three on Saturday. Then the next day I read two graphic novels for good measure. Feels good to actually complete a thing.

I read Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera with a friend and it was a really interesting take on crossing the Mexico/USA border. Kind of strange. Still thinking about it. Bull Mountain was a fun grit lit crime thriller-y thing that I totally returned to the library 5 days late. Sorry, everyone. Rat Queens, Vol. 2 was even better than the first volume. I'm so excited to start reading single issues of it now. Black Hole and The Nobody were weird and spooky, but Black Hole is probably the most fucked thing I've ever read. Definitely recommended.

THIS WEEK I READ:

  • Rat Queens, Vol. 2 by Kurtis J. Wiebe
  • Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera
  • Bull Mountain by Brian Panowich
  • Black Hole by Charles Burns
  • The Nobody by Jeff Lemire


CURRENTLY READING:


To make my list of library books seem less intimidating, I'm trying to bust through all the graphic novels and comics I have out right now. I've been curious about The Divine written by Boaz Lavie and illustrated by Asaf and Tomer Hanuka for a while. It's got some sort of Princess Mononoke vibes in that ancient gods appear in modern times during war. It is beaaauuuutiful and I'm loving it so far.






What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...