June 2015 Rundown

June 2015 Rundown

Wednesday, July 1, 2015


What a fucking blur. I swear, June just started. I'm still getting my bearings in like every aspect. But I did manage to overcome an almost-reading-slump. God bless Saga. I read 9 books this month and I loved all but one. KILLER. Oh, and today's my two year anniversary with my boyfriend. AWWW. We would do something cute, but it's a Wednesday. Cute things will happen on Friday, though, and I'll report back if they're cute enough.

WHAT I DID


1. // I moved to Minnesota and started work. It's been both good and bad. Saying bye to friends in Chicago was bad, being reunited with friends from Minnesota was good. Work is hard. But I do like it here. For the most part. It's complicated, ok?

2. // I took my longest camping trip yet. And it was beautiful.

3. // I saw Modest Mouse live. For free. Tears were shed. I love volunteering for Rock the Garden.

4. // I played a lot of Animal Crossing. Don't hate. My town is actually the cutest.


BOOKS READ




1. // The People in the Trees by Hanya Yanagihara - AMAZING. So dark. So immersive. Furious with myself for not reading this two years ago.

2. // Light Boxes by Shane Jones - What an odd and pretty little book. Dark and lovely.

3. // Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor - I need more Nnedi sci-fi in my life.

4-6. // Saga vol. 2, 3, and 4 by Brian K. Vaughan - Absolutely astounding comic series. Dying for more.

7-8. // Y: The Last Man vol. 1 and 2 by Brian K. Vaughan - Also excellent, just not as thrilling as Saga.

9. // The Wolf Border by Sarah Hall - Meh + pretty words.

MY BEST JUNE POSTS


BOOKS I PLAN TO READ IN JULY


1. // A Cure for Suicide by Jesse Ball

2. // The Shadowed Sun by N.K. Jemisin

3. // The Country of Ice Cream Star by Sandra Newman

4. // Who knows??? I don't have a lot of specific reading plans this month. Here's to mood reading.


THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN JULY


1. // Camp NaNoWriMo! I kind of forgot about it until just now. I'm a four time National Novel Writing Month champion (by that I mean I wrote 50,000 words within November). I've never really done much with the summer version of this, but I'd like to focus on one of my novels again! Let me know if you're doing it too. Maybe it's not too late to be in a cabin together.

2. // Deciding if I should renew my lease in Chicago or not. Jk, I'm dreading making that decision. Somebody make it for me?

3. // Camping. I'll probably do more of it.

 

 

Happy July, everyone! Do you have more exciting plans than I do? Tell me about the best book you read in June!

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...