March 2016 Rundown

March 2016 Rundown

Thursday, April 7, 2016

March 2016 Reading Rundown :: Outlandish Lit

March is over and so is the weirdathon! I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but it was SO MUCH FUN and so many more people joined than I had expected. We had like 60 people, what?? And none of them were related to me! So I'm pretty pleased with the month overall. I managed to fit a lot of weird books that I had been putting off for one reason or another. And none of them were horrible!

The weather took a turn (I knew not to fall for its warm bullshit early on) and I ended up inside a lot more than I wanted to be. But April HAS to be warm. Right??

WHAT I DID


1. // Had a really great time running the Month-long Weirdathon. I won't start gushing again, promise.

2. // I met a ton of cool authors. Karen Abbott, Celeste Ng, Roxane Gay (ok, Roxane Gay was April 6, but still pre-this post). How was March so great??

3. // Went to a caucus for the first time. I didn't really write about it like I had intended to, because I didn't actually stay for the caucus part. I voted in ten or fifteen minutes then left. But I am glad I did it!

4. // Started propogating my succulents! It was horrifying to behead some of my plants, but now two of the leaves are growing tiny baby leaves and they are SO CUTE. I'm making something grow!!



BOOKS READ

 
March 2016 Reading Rundown :: Outlandish Lit


1. // A Guide to Being Born by Ramona Ausubel

2. // Songs of a Dead Dreamer by Thomas Ligotti

3. // Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy by Karen Abbott

4. // The Passion According to G.H. by Clarice Lispector

5. // The Vegetarian by Han Kang

6. // Mislaid by Nell Zink

7. // Three Scenarios in Which Hana Sasaki Grows a Tail by Kelly Luce

8. // The Woods, Vol. 3 by James Tynion IV

9. // The Three by Sarah Lotz

10. // The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne

 

MY BEST MARCH POSTS


BOOKS I PLAN TO READ IN APRIL


1. // Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel

2. // Trespassing Across America by Ken Ilgunas

3. // Some Possible Solutions by Helen Phillips


THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN APRIL


1. // Camp NaNoWriMo! I'm going to be real, I haven't actually started writing yet. But I'm working on a novel I wrote 50k words for in November. Tonight I'm looking over it and seeing where I should start with adding to it and sorting it out.

2. // Sunshine? I've got my fingers crossed.

3. // A writing retreat at the end of the month. Jenna of JMill Wanders and I (and a bunch of randos) are going to be in a cabin on a lake for a few days just to write. I'M SO HYPED. Shit's going to be dreamy as hell.

 

Happy April, everyone! Tell me about the best book you read in March!

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...