Februaries are so unpleasant in Minnesota. I feel like I did a lot of bookternet stuff (Weirdathon planning, talking to authors, requesting advanced copies, etc.), but not a whole lot else. I was either sick or it was far too cold to do anything. I did get together with friends almost every weekend though, which was so incredibly needed. You have no idea.
Book-wise, I had a bit of a slump in there, but I also went audiobook crazy. I listened to four audiobooks this month from the library. Now I'm seriously considering subscribing to an audiobook service. I'm torn between Audible and Downpour. Does anybody have any opinions??
Oh, BY THE WAY. Now that February is about to end, March is going to begin and (hopefully) YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! The Month-long Weirdathon begins on March 1! Learn more and sign up here. If you're not officially signed up over there by March 5, you will NOT be eligible for prizes.
WHAT I DID
1. // I watched all of the Lord of the Rings extended editions back to back? That was an accomplishment. I cried a lot.
2. // Wow, I really didn't do that much this month. My taxes? Februaries always suck.
3. // Got retweeted by Joyce Carol Oates. This happened a couple days ago, but I'm still riding the giddiness wave.
1. // Mr. Splitfoot by Samantha Hunt
2. // Version Control by Dexter Palmer
3. // The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson
4. // The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon
5. // One Day Soon Time Will Have No Place Left to Hide by Christian Kiefer
6. // Iréne by Pierre Lemaitre
7. // The Affinities by Robert Charles Wilson
8. // The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
MY BEST FEBRUARY POSTS
- Books I Loved & The Bloggers Who Pushed Them
- Ten Great Books That Were Out of My Comfort Zone
- A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay: Review
- Yikes! I Think I Hated This: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
BOOKS I PLAN TO READ IN MARCHI just posted about all my books for Weirdathon here.
THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN MARCH
1. // THE MONTH-LONG WEIRDATHON. Ok, I'll stop talking about it now. Except not really at all considering it's happening in March and I'm hosting it. It's going to be a great time.
2. // Caucus. I'm caucusing for the first time! It should be an interesting experience. But I also just wish we voted like normal humans.
3. // Springtime? I have my fingers crossed on this one. Need to road trip. Need to hike.