It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Jan 11, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Jan 11, 2016]

Monday, January 11, 2016

Very late last night David Bowie passed away. I wrote this post before this took place, and it will greatly shape my week. David Bowie was a huge inspiration to me; my favorite musician of all time. David Bowie was also one of few living things in common I had with my deceased father, as Bowie was also one of his favorites. I'm feeling enormous loss, as I'm sure the rest of the world is. Bowie will forever be a legend.

This past week I participated in another Bout of Books! It's a great, low-key week-long readathon that I can never resist participating in. Read about my comic reading party, my Lucia Berlin hangover, and ~more~ on my Bout of Books update post. Overall it was pretty successful! A Manual for Cleaning Women is now one of my favorite books of all time and it was my first read of 2016, so THAT'S pretty exciting.

In other completely unrelated news, I finally finally finally got a DSLR! I've been interested in photography for around 10 years, but I'd never had the funds to purchase a nice camera. I went with the Canon EOS Rebel T5, because I wasn't about to drop a thousand dollars on anything. I'm currently awaiting a new lens for my new baby (a 24mm f/2.8 STM lens, if you were curious) and I'm SO PUMPED. (It should get here today!!) So basically all this means is I'm super happy right now and also you will be graced with prettier pictures from me.

THIS WEEK I READ:

  • A Manual for Cleaning Women by Lucia Berlin
  • Moonshot edited by Hope Nicholson
  • Cursed Pirate Girl by Jeremy A. Bastian
  • Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
  • A bunch of single issue comics


CURRENTLY READING:


(not taken by my DSLR)

I'm not going to lie, I got Not Dark Yet by Berit Ellingsen because of the cover. But I also got it because of the Jeff VanderMeer blurb on the back. I'm only like 25 pages into it and nothing's really happened yet, so I can't say if I like it or not. I just put it down during Bout of Books, because I was doing a whole lot of book hopping (and finishing due library books). But I'm going to pick it up again and see if it's as dark and moving as people say it is!


What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...