It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Dec 14, 2015]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Dec 14, 2015]

Monday, December 14, 2015

Ok, it's clear that I'm still easing my way back into internet-ing. I'm trying my best, ok? My instagram book challenge game is strong, but I'm still trying to find time during my weird holiday retail schedule to actually sit down and blog. Good news, though: While listening to audiobooks, I finally finished my forever blanket! And it's glorious. Almost as glorious as crossing that off my to do list after so many years.

Sweet Pooks wouldn't stop rolling around on it when I tried to take the photo, TYPICAL

I now have 6 books down in Shaina's 12 Books of Christmas, so maybe I won't fail this challenge after all! This week I finished The Alchemist audiobook. It definitely got me in the heart a little bit and I liked some of what it said, but overall it was definitely too life lesson-y and spiritual for me. But I really miss hearing Jeremy Irons pronounce the word "omens" really strangely on a regular basis. I would listen again just for him. I also read the first volume of the comic ODY-C which was super weird and beautiful. If you like Homer and gender bending, check it out. Then I read Slade House by David Mitchell, which was a fun read and a little spooky, but not amazing.


THIS WEEK I READ:

  • The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
  • Slade House by David Mitchell
  • ODY-C, Vol. 1 by Matt Fraction


CURRENTLY READING:


So The Wake by Paul Kingsnorth is SUPER overdue at my library (sorry, Minneapolis), but I really really want to finish it. It's a very slow read, because the author created an old English-style language that it's written in for all 345 pages. At first it felt like I was constantly translating texts from my mom, but after 20 pages I pretty much got the hang of it. I'm way too invested now to just return it, so here's hoping it's as excellent as people say.









What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...