It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [June 1, 2015]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [June 1, 2015]

Monday, June 1, 2015

This week has actually turned into an unexpectedly crazy week for reading. Six books, what?? I have a less than a week now until I move to Minnesota, so I'm not working or anything. I'm just kind of hanging out at my apartment or out seeing friends before I have to leave them. On Saturday I went to the library and decided I should read a lot of graphic novels. And it's been great.

So, not a lot going on in the "life" front. I'm mostly all packed and my subletter is set. Now I'm just racing to finish all the books I have out at the library.


THIS WEEK I READ:

  • Trees by Warren Ellis
  • Amelia's Middle-School Graduation Yearbook by Marissa Moss
  • The Shore by Sara Taylor
  • Citizen by Claudia Rankine
  • Scott Pilgrim, vol. 1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley
  • Saga, vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan


CURRENTLY READING:


This book is ridiculous and I don't know if I can handle it yet. It's Mark Z. Danielewski's (of House of Leaves fame) newest book, The Familiar, Volume 1: One Rainy Day in May. And it's ENORMOUS. 880 pages and actually so heavy. The format's insane. I'm spinning this giant book all sorts of directions to read it. This is supposed to be the first volume out of 28 or something. I'm only 100 pages in, so I need a little more time to find out if the Danielewski weirdness just feels like gimmick or not.





Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned by Brian K. Vaughan was just sitting there at the library, so I had to get it. My roommate has been wanting me to read this one for a while. I've definitely been interested in the story, focusing on a world with no men, but I hadn't been super into reading graphic novels until right now. And who knows how long it will last? I'm glad I have an excuse now to finally read this.






What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...