It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Feb 29, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Feb 29, 2016]

Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Leap Day and Weirdathon Eve!! That's kind of fitting, isn't it? Things have been a little crazy for me this week. I've been working a lot of late shifts, which completely throws me off. And I've been working on a lot of Weirdathon related posts and planning, which is obviously time consuming. I've even managed to neglect my love, Instagram. I've been funneling my excess nervous energy instead into knitting and reknitting a specific part of a very complicated sock. I feel like I'm going crazy. I forget to drink water while I'm messing with it. I'm anxious right now, because I'm typing instead of figuring out how to fix the sock and I can see it from where I'm sitting. Ok, maybe this is getting too personal.



Really, though, that's how I've spent my week when I haven't been selling books or teaching the youth of America important Minecraft skills. I listened to TWO audiobooks this week while doing blog/sock stuff. The Argonauts was short and smart. I really liked it. The Winter People was longer and less smart, but it was definitely creepy and entertaining. I wanted to know what was going on, but some of the characters and plot didn't make a whole lot of sense. That's fine, though. I was spooked by it. Version Control was a paper book about time travel, and it was a total slump-buster, despite being 500+ pages.

Oh, also I got retweeted by Joyce Carol Oates. That was crazy and pretty much guaranteed to never happen again.


 

 

THIS WEEK I READ:


CURRENTLY READING:

 

I totally lied in my Febraury Rundown and said I had finished One Day Soon Time Will Have No Place Left to Hide by Christian Kiefer. What I meant was that it's super short and I have today off, so it will be finished by the time February is over. I'm like ten pages in and like it so far, though I'm also confused by it. But in a delighted, I want to know what the deal is kind of way. And holding the tiny book is genuinely suck a pleasure.





What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...