It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [June 27, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [June 27, 2016]

Monday, June 27, 2016

My schedule is fixed!!! You don't have to hear me talking about schedules anymore!! I put out a request to my boss to potentially work less if it meant having a two day weekend. And she hooked me up! What a nice person. I'll still be teaching every morning until noon, but I'll only work after on two weekdays, then I'll work on Saturday too. So I'll have Thursday afternoon/evening and all of Friday for camping trips! And Sunday off randomly! I'm pretty thrilled.

This week I sort of got my reading groove back in the form of ultra-readable novellas and fun horror. I liked all the books I read well enough. Gotta keep this trend going. I've also been spending a lot of my time hosting travelers on the site Couchsurfing, where you can offer your couch up for free to people. I initially did it so I'd have references and potentially be able to couchsurf when I'm in Japan next month. But I actually really enjoy it. You meet such interesting people! I've hosted a man who made his own tiny house, a woman who was here for a wildlife biology conference, and two filmmaker/musician/coder/photographer/fighter/ridiculously spontaneous and delightful dudes originally from England and Sweden with so many stories to tell from their lives. It's a great way to make friends that you'll probably never see again.



THIS WEEK(S) I READ:


CURRENTLY READING: 

Despite having started and really wanting to continue The Girls by Emma Cline, I've switched to The Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay. I really enjoyed what I read when I first picked it up and now I'm getting back into it. This month kind of happened so quickly to me that I did notice books coming out. Or I'd see them in the bookstore then be like "weird, they changed what week they're being published." They didn't change what week they were published, I just lost track of time. Going to dig more into this creepy read this week while I'm waiting 45+ minutes for rides! Honestly, I love waiting/commutes. Perfect reading time.

What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...