It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [May 23, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [May 23, 2016]

Monday, May 23, 2016

Still sick. I'm back at work now, but I'd hardly say I'm functional. Just gotta pay that rent, you know what I'm saying?!?! But yeah anyway I'm on 5 prescriptions now and I'm getting better, it is just not happening as swiftly as I'd like.

I generally can't read at all when I'm sick, which was the case for the first four or so days of my illness. But I reached a point where listening to Dance Moms with my eyes closed just wasn't doing it for me anymore and I was sort of able to focus long enough to read comfortably. So I grabbed a pile of upcoming and recently published books and just allowed myself to jump around. Which was super liberating, but also nothing has completely grabbed me yet.

So this is where you come in! Do you know any books that came out in the last couple months or are coming out soon that will grab my fickle attention entirely?? The Girls maybe? Homegoing? I probably need something relatively easy, because I constantly have a headache and my brain is foggy. But not too easy, because I'm picky. Just riveting. TELL ME THE NAME OF ANY RIVETING BOOK PLEASE.


THIS WEEK I READ:
  • Nothing


CURRENTLY READING: 

I'm like 20 pages into The Queue by Basma Abdel Aziz, but it's grabbing me very slightly more than most of the others. So I'll feature this one. It's about a weird, mysterious authoritarian rule going on in an unnamed Middle Eastern city. Citizens keep lining up in front of "The Gate" to get permission for shit, but it never opens. ANNOYING, right? Here's the list of other books I'm "currently reading": Some Possible Solutions by Helen Phillips (Good! But it's not published until next week, so I'm letting myself savor the stories), Emperor of the Eight Islands by Lian Hearn, The Dark Will End The Dark by Darrin Doyle, Zero K by Don DeLillo, The Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay, and there are probably more I'm forgetting. I have a serious problem.


What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...