Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon :: April 2016

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon :: April 2016

Saturday, April 23, 2016



This is my THIRD time participating in Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon and I'm so excited! I have to wake up really early to teach a class far away, but after that I have the rest of the day to myself. We'll see how much reading I'm able to get in, though I will be taking breaks to study Japanese. FOR NO REASON. But, then again, I read a book when studying Kanji, so that counts. Right??

This time I'm hosting a minichallenge, so check back here at 10 PM Eastern!!

The books in my stack in the order I should probably read them:

Crystal Eaters by Shane Jones
Tender by Belinda McKeon
I Will Rot Without You by Danger Slater
The Dark Will End the Dark by Darrin Doyle
Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino
Zero K by Don DeLillo
Genius, Vol. 1 by Marc Barnardin
I Remember You by Yrsa Sigurdardottir
The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu
My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix
Changing by Lily Hoang
Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke
Nitro Mountain by Lee Clay Johnson
The Woman in the Dunes by Kobo Abe


I really really really like options. I also have a stack of unread single issue comics I might dig into, as well as the audiobook of The Census-Taker by China Mieville.


Most of my real-time, v exciting updates will be posted on twitter and instagram, but I'll be using this post every few hours to update as well. Let me know if you're participating! LET'S READ A MILLION BOOKS!!

UPDATES

Hour 0

1 // What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Minneapolis, Minnesota!

2 // Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
My answer should be Zero K, but it's definite Three Body Problem

3// Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I really did not prepare any sort of snack situation for myself today. It's a bummer. I guess I could make a smoothie?

4// Tell us a little something about yourself!
I read and blog about weird books. I'm a bookseller and *newly* an Instagram person for Magers & Quinn in Minneapolis.

5// If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what's one thing you'll do differently today?
I'm going to ease up a little bit. Why do I need to add pressure on the most fun day(s) of the year??


Hour 12

1// What are you reading right now?
Supremacist by David Shapiro. I totally didn't mean to read it at all today, but I picked it up yesterday and had a really good time. So here I am!

2// How many books have you read so far?
Hahahaha we don't have to talk about it.

3// What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I'm not really feeling any of my potential books right now which I realize is so bad for today!! I think I'll try Three Body Problem.

4// Have you had any interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I worked from 7 until 2. Then fell asleep promptly after... Oops. I'll just go hard now that my sleep schedule is fucked.

5// What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How bad I am at it this year! Oh well.

Hour 19

Well, readers, this was officially my least successful readathon, but THAT'S OK. Today I had to wake up super early, commute two hours to work, come home and nap, then struggle to get into any books. But I did finish Genius, Vol. 1, which was pretty good. And after book hopping like 10 times, I finally found myself really into Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay. Which I sort of knew I wanted to read from the very beginning, but I didn't let myself. I should have trusted myself, everybody!! Despite not really reading, I had a great time talking to people online and running my very first mini challenge! So I'm not mad at myself. Goodnight, everybody!

TOTAL BOOKS READ: 1
TOTAL HOURS READ: 3

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...