It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [March 7, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [March 7, 2016]

Monday, March 7, 2016

I think my cold is finally starting to go away. So that means I'll be a normal human again soon. I finished up those socks I was complaining about, and I've already decided to design my own pattern for a pair. I just really want some intricate fair isle socks, you know what I'm saying??



This week Karen Abbott was in town talking about Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy, which was a really great audiobook read for me. She knew who I was from my blog (swoon) and allowed me to take a selfie with her. She wasn't happy with any of them. After taking eight, she told me to just go with the first one. I laid on the filters to satisfy her. She was an absolute gem and her talk was fascinating.


Anyway, as I said in my Weirdathon Week One Update, One Day Soon still has me thinking and The Vegetarian wasn't nearly as disturbing as I had expected or hoped. But it was still pretty good. I'm on the fence about these weird reads!!

 

THIS WEEK I READ:

  • One Day Soon Time Will Have No Place Left To Hide by Christian Kiefer
  • Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy by Karen Abbott
  • The Vegetarian by Han Kang

CURRENTLY READING:

 

I was nervous about listening to a Nell Zink book on audio, but Mislaid is surprisingly narrative-y for her. So far I'm really enjoying it. Her social commentary is on point, but we'll see if all the nonsense comes together in the end or if it just... ends.





I'm giving Travelers Rest by Keith Lee Morris a try, because I wanted something creepy. And this basically sounds like The Shining, so ok. I'll take it. So far nothing creepy has really happened and the majority of the Goodreads reviews has me nervous, so we'll see if it's worth sticking with. I won't be too hard on myself if I want to drop it for something else.




 

What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...