It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Feb 22, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Feb 22, 2016]

Monday, February 22, 2016

What a whirlwind week it's been! Book Bloggers Appreciation Week was a lot of fun. I only posted about it twice, but I visited SO MANY new blogs because of it. And I hosted the second twitter chat, which was a very intense, very good time. You guys have no idea how much I was sweating by the end of the hour. NO IDEA.

Oh! Also, Jenna from JMill Wanders and I got together for a second time and had a glorious evening eating Indian food, discussing the intricacies of the book blogging world, and forcing each other into buying books. Ok, I was the one doing the forcing. But I did buy The Unfinished World by Amber Sparks and The Vegetarian by Han Kang the day after. So there's my IRL book blogger appreciation for you.



All I finished this week was an audiobook I had started a while ago, as per Lauren of Malcolm Avenue Review's recommendation: Iréne by Pierre Lemaitre. The best part of it may or may not have been hearing all the French names and places pronounced correctly. I haven't looked up how these names are written down, because I don't want to know how badly I would've mispronounced them in my head. But anyway crime fiction is soooo out of my comfort zone, but I really liked this! It was all sorts of dark and had some delightful literary references. I'm definitely going to check out the next book in the series, Alex.

Reminder: The sign up page for March's Month-long Weirdathon is HERE. If you want to push your reading a little bit out of your comfort zone, there are SO MANY ways to win book money while doing it.


THIS WEEK I READ:

  • Iréne by Pierre Lemaitre

CURRENTLY READING:

 

Ok, so I didn't really read very much of Version Control by Dexter Palmer this past week, but I read like 120 pages of it Sunday night. I just couldn't stop. The main character works at an online dating site and the commentary on online dating/the general digital life is so good. I just keep laughing. It reminds me of Mr. Splitfoot and You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine a little bit in how on point it is about our society. And the stuff about physics/time travel is just fascinating so far. Who knew there was a book that combined these two loves of mine?? This book comes out tomorrow, so be on the look out for my review!




What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...