It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Feb 15, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Feb 15, 2016]

Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy day after Valentine's Day, book lovers! My day was pretty great. I wore a sparkly dress and everything. I also met Marlon James by surprise, so it was all around a pretty exciting Sunday.

Shaina and I had a really good time making an excuse to video chat and creating an in depth, highly analytical video about Mr. Splitfoot by Samantha Hunt. If you haven't seen it and you like that book or are curious about that book, you should probably check it out. Mostly so you can answer all of the questions that we have and couldn't figure out. TELL US WHAT YOU THINK.

I finished The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne in like two days this week and I REALLY wanted to like it. But wow. Yikes yikes yikes. It was borderline offensive. And mostly nonsense all the time, and not in easily ignorable ways. Oh well. That's one less library book I have out forever now.

Another reminder: Sign ups for March's Month-long Weirdathon are HERE. If you want to push your reading a little bit out of your comfort zone, there are SO MANY ways to win book money while doing it. And I'm still looking for some writers to enter the weird book debate!


THIS WEEK I READ:

  • The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

CURRENTLY READING:

 

Though I'm still reading Wuthering Heights (and enjoying it) among a couple others, one of note that I just started is Version Control by Dexter Palmer. I'm only at the very beginning of it, so I can't really judge it in any way. But it promises to be an interesting and very intelligent look at time travel and how we live now.






What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...