Book Blogger Appreciation Week: Interviewing Literary Lindsey

Book Blogger Appreciation Week: Interviewing Literary Lindsey

Tuesday, February 16, 2016


This week is Book Blogger Appreciation Week! It's a whole lot of fun, check out the site and the hashtag #BBAW on Twitter if you want to find some cool new book blogs. So it's Day 2 of said week, and I got paired up with a random book blogger to interview. And, may I say, I am SO EXCITED to have gotten paired with Lindsey from Literary Lindsey. Her blog is a lot of fun to browse, so go check it out after reading a little more about her below!





TALKING WITH
LITERARY LINDSEY


What are your favorite and least favorite genres?
I am a big literary fiction junkie and I read a fair amount of historical fiction. My husband says I am mildly obsessed with WWII era stories. I think he is exaggerating. I usually manage to read one or two nonfiction books each month, but I’m trying to read more. I tend to stay away from horror and scary mysteries because I will never sleep again.

What's the biggest surprise you've encountered in book blogging?
I don’t know that I would call it a surprise, but I might call it the biggest thing I’ve learned about book blogging. No matter how many followers or comments you get (or don’t), at the end of the day, it’s about you and books. It’s about sharing them with other people, but it’s mostly a way for you to remember what you loved.

What book do you want to recommend to everybody?
I'm going to cheat and pick a few.
For the new parent who feels like they are not doing it right: After Birth by Elisa Albert
For the reader looking for a can’t-put-it-down nonfiction book: The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamison
For the reader searching for a new series: Flavia de Luce books by Alan Bradley
For the person who doesn’t think they like short stories: A Guide to Being Born by Ramona Ausubel

What are your favorite kinds of posts to write?
I like writing reviews when the thoughts all come together easily. I also love writing reviews with my kids. My son and I reviewed children’s books on Wednesdays for a long time. Now he’s a little older and isn’t always into it, but I’m always game when he is!

Do your friends and family know about your blog? What do they think?
Some of them do! I know my mom gets all of my posts and my best friend (who lives across the country) tells me it’s a great way to keep tabs on what is going on in my life when we just can’t seem to catch each other on the phone.

What's the weirdest book you've ever read?
Off the top of my head, the weirdest book I remember reading is actually a short story collection. Karen Russell’s Vampires in the Lemon Grove had some very unsettling tales. There’s a young boy who sees things that may or may not really be there on the lonely frontier, a girl who undergoes a terrifying transition at a silk factory, and a soldier’s tattoo changes based on what he thinks happened during his tour of duty. It was so very weird and I remember most of the stories, which rarely happens for me with short story collections!


Thanks so much for talking with me, Lindsey! I hope you all enjoyed learning about this lovely book blogger!! 

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...