Coming back to book blogging regularly is probably one of the best things that could have happened to me right now. Apart from being the best time and encouraging to read more, it has made me super productive in other realms of my life and I've realized again what's important to me. AND I read a ton of amazing books this month that I wouldn't have otherwise. So thanks everybody for taking me back without question!!
This Tuesday I'm announcing a book challenge/event that's going to go down in March. I've spent a lot of time on it this month (in secret). It's going to be big and exciting and there will be MULTIPLE ways to win prizes. Stay tuned!! I'm really excited about it.
WHAT I DID
1. // Got back into the blogging groove. I feel completely uncomfortable with the word "groove" though and I regret that sentence.
2. // Participated in all sorts of readathons! Bout of Books and #24in48 were great.
3. // Spent time with a bunch of friends and hiked and ate a ton of sushi and stuff. Just the usual.
1. // A Manual for Cleaning Women by Lucia Berlin
2. // A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay
3. // What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank by Nathan Englander
4. // Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
5. // Moonshot by Hope Nicholson
6. // City of Clowns by Daniel Alarcón
7. // The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
8. // Cursed Pirate Girl by Jeremy A. Bastian
9. // Eileen by Ottessa Moshfegh
10. // Spectacle by Susan Steinberg
11. // Not Dark Yet by Berit Ellingsen
Will I finish one more today?? Probably not. I'll just keep starting books.
MY BEST JANUARY POSTS
- Literary Aliens, Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Our Extraterrestrial Overlords
- 15 Exciting New 2016 Releases
- 3 Dark & Weird Books of 2015
- Best Comics of 2015
BOOKS I PLAN TO READ IN FEBRUARY
1. // Mr. Splitfoot by Samantha Hunt
2. // The Passion According to G.H. by Clarice Lispector
3. // Version Control by Dexter Palmer
THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN FEBRUARY
1. // Spending more time outdoors. Winter hiking isn't my favorite, but I've gotta for my sanity.
2. // Potentially visiting Chicago. We'll see what happens.
3. // Club Book is starting back up in Minnesota. I want to see Karen Abbott if I don't work!