The #24in48 Readathon!

The #24in48 Readathon!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

I love nothing more than a good readathon. #24in48 allows you to spend this Saturday and Sunday reading for a total of 24 hours. Learn more and sign up here!

I'm normally pretty lax about keeping track of how much I actually read during readathons, but this time I'm going to use my phone's stop watch to only record when I'm actively reading. I really want to hit an actual 24 hours. But also I'm lazy so we'll see what happens. Updates will be going on this post throughout the two days, so keep checking back!


Obviously I don't intend to read ALL of these books, but I like to have options. And I just grabbed two single issue comics, so I think I'll speed through those as well.


Let me know if you're participating! It's not too late! I'll be on twitter, instagram, AND my shiny new facebook page with more active updates. I'll be using the hashtag #24in48. HERE WE GO.


// UPDATES

DAY 1. 11:00 AM. HOUR 11.

Uh oh, I just woke up. TO BE FAIR, I got woken up at 4 then couldn't fall asleep until 7. Perhaps I should have read then, but I was too busy saying "why" over and over again in my head. Around midnight I read the single issue comic of Trees (#10). Sooo that was a solid 7 minutes. COOL. Onwards.

TIME READ: 7 minutes.
PAGES READ: ~30

DAY 1. 4:00 PM. HOUR 16.


I had a late start, but I've been pretty good at focusing on reading. I'm trying to read as hard as I can now so I'm not super behind tomorrow. Finished these two comic books and I'm a third of the way through each novel. Bitch Planet was SO GOOD. And The Room is SO FUNNY. I thought When We Were Animals was going to be a horror novel, but like... it's not really. So I'm leaving it alone for now.

TIME READ: 4 hours, 10 minutes.
PAGES READ: 230
BOOKS READ: Trees #10, Bitch Planet #1.


DAY 2. 2:00 AM. HOUR 26.

I've been jumping around in books A LOT. And some friends forced me to leave the house, so that cut into some reading time. Finished The Room, which was great. Finished When We Were Animals, which was not. I read a little bit of The Keep by Jennifer Egan, but I wasn't feeling it that much, so I stopped. Nothing's really calling to me right now, so hopefully I can find an exciting book tomorrow.

TIME READ: 11 hours, 10 minutes.
PAGES READ: 597
BOOKS READ: Trees #10, Bitch Planet #1, The Room by Jonas Karlsson, When We Were Animals by Joshua Gaylord. 


DAY 2. 1:20 PM. HOUR 37.



Oh my god, my book hopping is out of control. I started Ticknor by Sheila Heti then stopped after 11 pages. Then I started The Animals by Christian Kiefer, which I like. But THEN my boyfriend came home with the continuation of the Invader Zim series in comic form, so obviously I had to read that immediately (and it was perfect). I'm back on The Animals now and I'm going to read outside to try to become less brain dead. So there's a lot of jumping and a lot of very slow tired reading. I'm trying so hard to hit 24, you guys.

TIME READ: 14 hours, 35 minutes.
PAGES READ: 695
BOOKS READ: Trees #10, Bitch Planet #1, The Room by Jonas Karlsson, When We Were Animals by Joshua Gaylord, Invader Zim #1.  


DAY 2. 9:30 PM. HOUR 46.

My reading has slowed down very significantly. Some of it's the overwhelming, muggy weather. Some of it's my brain is mush. I think what I've learned is that my attention span is way too short for marathon reading. There's been a lot of reading sentences several times. But I'm going to try to finish ONE MORE BOOK, because I'm crazy. I don't even know what it's about (The Blue Fox by Sjon), but it's tiny, it's square, and it's 115 pages. THE FINAL SPRINT, HERE I GO.

TIME READ: 22 hours, 30 minutes.
PAGES READ: 912
BOOKS READ: Trees #10, Bitch Planet #1, The Room by Jonas Karlsson, When We Were Animals by Joshua Gaylord, The Animals by Christian Kiefer.



DAY 2. 11:05 PM. HOUR 48.



I DID IT! I read for a full 24 hour! I mean I only read 1,027 pages so clearly not all of that time was speedy or very productive, but I still DID IT! 3 comics and 4 books. Most of them were animal themed for some reason? That was unplanned. Finished on the bizarre and delightful little book, The Blue Fox which was perfect for my delirious state. Time to sleep forever. Thanks to everyone who read along this weekend!

TIME READ: 24 hours!
PAGES READ: 1027
BOOKS READ: Trees #10, Bitch Planet #1, The Room by Jonas Karlsson, When We Were Animals by Joshua Gaylord, The Animals by Christian Kiefer, The Blue Fox by Sjon.


Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...