It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [May 4, 2015]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [May 4, 2015]

Monday, May 4, 2015

It's Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey!

14 days until I graduate. Three final advanced projects to finish within that time. And suddenly I have a very intense, super coincidental urge to only play Animal Crossing for hours on end. In my pajamas. Somebody help.


This week I read:

 

  • Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill - Oh my god, this book was so good. Everything about it. The experimental format, the main character's brilliant stream of consciousness, the plot unraveling in kind of tiny vignetted moments. Beautiful and clever and heartbreaking. Oh man.


Currently Reading: 

 


I've started We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson for my two-person book club. I'm about 60 pages in and I already love it. I've been a huge fan of Shirley Jackson's short stories, but this is my first time reading one of her novels. It's SO CREEPY. I have no idea what's going on, and I'm fine with it. Jackson is the master of the slow burn.








Dendera by Yuya Sato was kind of neglected for the past few days, because I've been so busy. But so far I'm into this sci-fi old Japanese woman dystopia/utopia. The main character is very mad at the old women for saving her from freezing to death after she was sacrificed to the mountain. Who can blame her, right?







What are you reading this week?

 


Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...