ASK ME ANYTHING & It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [May 25, 2015]

ASK ME ANYTHING & It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [May 25, 2015]

Sunday, May 24, 2015

So my first week as a college graduate has come to an end. I haven't watched nearly as much Dance Moms or slept nearly as much as I thought I would. It's actually been a whirlwind of activity over here, with my boyfriend, brother, and brother's girlfriend staying with my roommate and I in our tiny apartment. Oh and I fucked up my ankle and was unable to walk for like two days, followed by a couple days of limping. I partied too hard at a club on a Tuesday night. This is rock bottom, folks.

In better news, MY BOOK BLOGGING SOULMATE, Shaina of Shaina Reads is coming to stay with me today!!! There will be much cider and bookstore. And, I don't know if she knew I was serious when I suggested it, but we're going to do a vlog together! So I though it would be fun if we did an Ask Us Anything. Submit whatever kind of burning questions you have for me or for her or for both of us below! We'll be filming late at night (I assume, I totally don't have an hour-for-hour Shaintinerary). Maybe we'll be tipsy. It will be a blast.




Now on to the books!


This week I read:

 

  • The Kiss by Kathryn Harrison - This memoir was recommended (I think) on Literary Disco. I think the writing was praised. And it was definitely well written. But it was still a story about an incestuous romance between a daughter and her father. It was a tough subject, and I was a little let down by the second half of the book.


Currently Reading: 


Oh my god, why didn't I start reading The Shore by Sara Taylor sooner?? You guys, you have to read this. If you're into gritty Southern Gothic literature but are often disappointed by a lack of ladies, this is for you. It's all the intense darkness of the South with feminism and some magical realism. I'm having the best time taking notes on how this family is interconnected. LOVE.







I'm probably halfway through the graphic novel Trees, Vol. I by Warren Ellis right now and I'm really digging it. It's about these aliens that come to Earth, but they don't recognize that anything here is sentient. They are just these enormous towering things referred to as trees that plant down in cities. And they just sit there quietly. Until they start oozing stuff. I have no idea what's going on, but could there be a more Julianne plot? I think not.






What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...