#ReadingMyLibrary Challenge: Scavenger Hunt!

#ReadingMyLibrary Challenge: Scavenger Hunt!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

https://caughtreadhanded.wordpress.com/readingmylibrary-challenge/


I am so into scavenger hunts where I don't have to be on a team or talk to anybody. Give me a list and let me cross things off of it PLEASE. For the #ReadingMyLibrary Challenge, apart from trying to read books from the library, you're encouraged to spend time in and explore your local library. I thought I knew my library well, but this scavenger hunt introduced me to a whole slew of cool, new things. It was a lot of fun!

The list of things I was supposed to find is here and I got ten of them! Well, I got a couple more than that, but they were pretty boring pictures. So I spared you. You're welcome.


My Library Scavenger Hunt Finds:



First things first, I'm the realest/here's my library card. It's not one of the fancier new ones, but that's fine. Also my name always always always rubs off. Any tips, librarians? 

Right away I really wanted to find an author with my initials, JQ. I didn't think it would happen, because my initials are super weird. But then it did! I found Julia Quinn here, who writes historical romance books. I didn't expect that from my name soulmate, but good for her.



Next I found a book with 8+ words in the title. So I have I Am Sorry to Think I Have Raised a Timid Son, which I just started reading and is also an amazing title. 

Then I had to look for a book with a number in the title. It would've been easy to go for Janet Evanovich, but I wanted a numeral. I have no idea what Galatea 2.2 is, but that cover's pretty fucking cool.



I found a travel book about Barcelona for a book with someplace I want to go on the cover. 

While I was looking for a green book, I found a book with a girl with a dress on the cover! Wondering if that's her braid or somebody else's. But I wasn't wondering enough to check out the book.



I found a picture book about a topic that interests me very, very deeply. 

I also found a set of encyclopedias. All about animals! I would have absolutely loved going through all of these as a kid. Or like right now. 



Then I started discovering parts of the library I really didn't know about. Like I knew there were encyclopedias and travel books, I just didn't know where. But I had no idea there were all of these physical audiobooks. There were two shelves-worth! 

And I didn't know we had graphic novels! They're strangely sorted into nonfiction, a land I rarely visit. I found Ghost World, and I took it home with me! It's been too long since I've read comics.



This wasn't for the scavenger hunt, but while I was in the nonfiction section I looked for and found Gender Outlaws by Kate Bornstein and S. Bear Bergman, as per Monika's recommendation on her post about tracking diversity and cisgender privilege. "Gender Outlaws includes essays, commentary, comic art, and conversations from a diverse group of trans-spectrum people who live and believe in barrier-breaking lives." Yes, please.



Have you made any cool discoveries in your library? Go explore!

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...