It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [April 27, 2015]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [April 27, 2015]

Monday, April 27, 2015

It's Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey!

I got my act together this week! Somehow I finished six books? Didn't see that coming. I participated in my first 24 hour readathon, which definitely helped with that! It was actually amazing. I loved it. Check out my experience here. I also completely revamped the ol' blog design this week. So that's pretty exciting.

Three weeks until I graduate! Here's hoping I can get my schoolwork act together too.


This week I read:

 

  • Three books for Readathon!! - I won't go on about them here.
  • Hammer Head: The Making of a Carpenter by Nina MacLaughlin - LOVED THIS. Definitely what I needed to read as someone unsure about her future.
  • Burial Rites by Hannah Kent - My boss and I LOVED this one! That ending, oh my god. Can't get over it.
  • I Am Sorry to Think I Have Raised a Timid Son by Kent Russell - I feel like there was some false advertising about this book. Not my favorite, but I'll be posting about it this week.


Currently Reading: 

 


I started Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill during readathon, but it's one that I didn't manage to finish it. So I'll probably finish within the next couple days. I really really like it. It has an experimental format, so obviously it's my jam. But it's also like really funny? Is it supposed to be? I keep doing that happyshocked single "ha" laugh. I'm like 30 pages in, so maybe it'll be more intense later. It's also beautiful, I don't just think it's a comedy. It just has some good moments.






I've been looking forward to Dendera by Yuya Sato for a long time and I'm finally about to dive in. It's a science fiction novel translated from Japanese about old women that get sacrificed/abandoned at the top of a mountain in the name of like health for the youth. A woman who gets abandoned wakes up and finds herself in a kind of utopian society of other abandoned old women. Is that not the best? I'm so excited.







What are you reading this week?

 


Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...