2015 TBR Pile Challenge

2015 TBR Pile Challenge

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I have a serious book buying problem. Every time I'm near someone with a car (which, granted, isn't too often), I somehow coerce them to taking us to a bookstore. I love used books. And I've been doing this for a while. I have books on my shelf that I bought actually nine years ago that I still haven't read. It's an issue.


I haven't done Roof Beam Reader's TBR Pile Challenge before, but it seems very relevant to my life. You just read 12 books in your TBR Pile by the end of the year. Easy, right? I'm not good at sticking to lists of books. I very much read whatever I want on a whim. But I absolutely 100% need to cull my shit and get it under control. So here are the 12 books I intend to read this year with two alternates.



My 2014 TBR Pile Challenge List:

  1. Beloved by Toni Morrison (1987)
  2. Neuromancer by William Gibson (1984)
  3. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson (1962)
  4. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (1925)
  5. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (2007)
  6. Play It As It Lays by Joan Didion (1970)
  7. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (1847)
  8. Perdido Street Station by China Mieville (2003)
  9. The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula Le Guin (1971)
  10. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami (1997)
  11. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath (1963)
  12. The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon (1966)

Alternates:

  1. Naked Lunch by William Burroughs (1959)
  2. Illywhacker by Peter Carey (1985) 


Are you participating? What books have you taken forever to get to?

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...