My Birthday & Looking Back at 2015

My Birthday & Looking Back at 2015

Thursday, December 31, 2015




















IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, NERDS!! Your girl is 23 years young today and she is ready for some book presents. Or feel free to tweet as many cat related gifs to me as your heart desires.


READING THIS YEAR


I'm looking back now on my first post of the year. I was hesitantly reemerging in the blogging world from my weird hibernation, not unlike now. I had read 44 books in 2014 and marked that as my best reading year ever. Oh sweet baby Julianne, if only you knew what was in store.

According to Goodreads, I've finished 131 books in 2015. BUT you shouldn't fully trust that number. 62 of those were books with only words in them. 46 were graphic novels, and 23 were single issue comics (I like keeping track of everything, ok?) 

2015 was definitely the year of the comic for me. I discovered how much I liked them, and then I sort of felt this need to "catch up." Which ended up with me doing a lot of binge reading. In reality, catching up is totally unnecessary. Also, considering I was mostly interested in horror comics (of which there aren't nearly as many as, say, superhero comics), I actually am sort of caught up. Sooo my comic reading has slowed to a normal pace and I feel myself coming back to books with fewer pictures.


CHALLENGES


I do plan on finishing 3 books today, so I'm not going to post year-end stats quite yet. I have 100 pages left in a book of short stories, I'm halfway through a graphic novel, and I have one more graphic novel waiting for me. So that'll leave me at 12 books in December and will mean that I've completed Shaina's 12 Books of Christmas challenge! Which makes up for me failing the 2015 TBR challenge as dramatically as I did!

I'm also going to wait to talk about goals and plans for the new year, because I truly haven't thought about it yet. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. But, what better time than now to announce my participation in Bout of Books 15? I hadn't realized it was starting January 4th, but I have way too much nostalgia not to go for it again.

Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 4th and runs through Sunday, January 10th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 15 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


MY YEAR OVERALL


This year was pretty crazy. I graduated from college, I got my dream job as a bookseller at an indie bookstore, I moved into a new apartment in Minneapolis. What else? I was a bridesmaid, I met TWO book bloggers in real life, I started exercising (I only do push-ups because of All the Birds, Singing), I finished my internship at an animation studio, I went camping a lot, I went to California for the first time, made some amazing new friends, and was glam as hell throughout.

Overall, it was also a really good year for books and sort of for blogging. I had my best period of blogging ever during the first half of the year. But life tends to happen whether we want it to or not, and that caused me to drop the ball a bit at the end of the year. I also have a tendency to not read/blog as much between September and December FOR WHATEVER REASON. Oh well. At least I won National Novel Writing Month again this year. Not all is lost.


My Most Popular Posts of 2015


My Favorite Posts of 2015



Here's to lengthy post titles! Here's to even more words in 2016! Happy New Year, everyone!



Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...