August 2015 Rundown

August 2015 Rundown

Wednesday, September 2, 2015










This month was a little rough as far as reading went. My graphic novel/comics consumption pretty much stayed at the same pace, but I had some major book slumpage going on for a few weeks. I thought going on camping/business trips would help add some reading time, but it totally didn't. As I was writing this post, I was starting to worry that I didn't really have anything going on in August to talk about. But, lo and behold, on August 31 I got a call with a job offer! I'm now Julianne the bookseller at an incredible indie bookstore. This is literally a dream come true for me and I can't wait to get started and meet everybody there!

WHAT I DID


1. // Got a job as a bookseller!!! Did I mention that this is a dream come true? Because it really is. P.S. I start today!

2. // Took several little trips. I went camping. I had my first "business trip" at a nice hotel. I got to see a bunch of places in Minnesota I hadn't seen before, and it was truly a delight. Minnesota has some really cool driftless areas, which means glaciers didn't really affect them like they did the rest of the state. So all the hills and bluffs I saw were how all of Minnesota looked before the Ice Age. GEOLOGY IS COOL.

3. // Participated in my third Bout of Books readathon. Did it help the book slump? Not really, because I couldn't actually get myself to read much. Did I have fun talking to strangers on the internet? Yes I did.



BOOKS READ

 



1. // Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed

2. // Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass and Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe

3. // Fun Home by Alison Bechdel

4. // White Noise by Don DeLillo

5. // The Woods, Vol. 1: The Arrow by James Tynion IV

6. // The Ritual by Adam Nevill

7. // Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It by Tim Seeley

8. // Severed by Scott Snyder

9. // Locke & Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill

10. // Nailbiter, Vol. 2: Bloody Hands by Joshua Williamson

11. // Sin Titulo by Cameron Stewart

12. // The Captive Condition by Kevin P. Keating

 

MY BEST AUGUST POSTS


BOOKS I PLAN TO READ IN SEPTEMBER


1. // The Determined Heart: The Tale of Mary Shelley and her Frankenstein by Antoinette May

2. // Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera

3. // Speak by Louisa Hall

4. // The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin


THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN SEPTEMBER


1. // Starting my new job! I'm beyond excited to get to work. This is the last time I'll mention it in this post, I swear.

2. // Apartment hunting. Yeah, still haven't taken care of this (not for lack of trying). But this is the month. It's happening.

3. // Visiting Chicago. I have a friend coming in from across the pond that I miss and need to see.

 

 

Happy September, everyone! Tell me about the best book you read in August!

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...