July 2015 Rundown

July 2015 Rundown

Friday, July 31, 2015


I'm so bitter about this summer being almost over thing. I feel like I haven't really done much aside from work, especially this month. And my reading's been completely all over the place, so I guess I don't know what I'm doing in any aspect of my life. But like that's fine, because I had an incredible month of reading in retrospect. I book hopped like no other, but I've really loved everything I've read (except When We Were Animals, but I don't even want to talk about that).

WHAT I DID


1. // I participated in the #24in48 readathon. That was a pretty good time.

2. // I started my first pull list! I'm so strangely entranced by the bizarre comics ecosystem. I want to understand it and I want to conquer it. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to win. But, if you were wondering, I have the following on my list: Bitch Planet, Invader Zim, Trees, Harrow County, and Pretty Deadly.

3. // I had my two year anniversary with the boyf. That was pretty sweet.

4. // I decided to stay in Minnesota for the time being. It was a really hard decision to make, but it makes sense financially. If you're from Minnesota, be my friend.

5. // Finally, I made a Facebook page for the ol' blog. I also sorted my reviews by cover by COLOR. You can delight in that here or click Reviews above. Oh, and I had my first giveaway AND my first guest post. That might just be exciting for me.


BOOKS READ




1. // The Beautiful Bureaucrat by Helen Phillips

2. // The Animals by Christian Kiefer

3. // The Room by Jonas Karlsson

4. // A Cure for Suicide by Jesse Ball

5. // Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation by Kate Bornstein & S. Bear Bergman

6. // The Blue Fox by Sjón

7. // When We Were Animals by Joshua Gaylord

8. // Beautiful Darkness by Fabien Vehlmann

9. // Pretty Deadly, Vol. 1: The Shrike by Kelly Sue DeConnick

10. // Revival, Vol. 1: You're Among Friends by Tim Seeley 

11. // Nailbiter, Vol. 1: There Will Be Blood by Joshua Williamson

12. // The Undertaking of Lily Chen by Danica Novgorodoff

 

MY BEST JULY POSTS


BOOKS I PLAN TO READ IN AUGUST


1. // The Captive Condition by Kevin P. Keating

2. // Fun Home by Alison Bechdel

3. // Speak by Louisa Hall

4. // Between the World and Me by Ta-Nahisi Coates


THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN AUGUST


1. // Camping. Always.

2. // Apartment hunting. Haha barf kill me. Does anyone want me as their roommate?

3. // Maybe looking for a second job. I hope your August has nothing to do with this activity.

 

 

Happy August, everyone! When can I move into your home? Tell me about the best book you read in July!

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...