When Two Book Bloggers Collide

When Two Book Bloggers Collide

Saturday, May 30, 2015

When book bloggers write posts about why they like book blogging, one of the top answers that always shows up is "the community." Or, more specifically, the bookish friends they make while doing their own bookish stuff. For the first year and a half-ish of my book blogging, I don't think I ever really understood what that meant.

It's not that I didn't talk to anybody, necessarily. I commented on other blogs, and I had some commenters over here. But I guess I felt like that "community" wasn't open to me FOR WHATEVER REASON. In reality, I just didn't know how to put myself out there on the internet, whereas in real life I have no problem saying "be friends with me" to people that seem interesting.

Luckily, since January, I've started using Twitter more actively, which has been a huge help, and I've been more bold in forcing bookish strangers into giving me their contact info so I can live g-chat them my thoughts while I watch reality tv or whatever.


This week (as you may already know) I got to meet Shaina from Shaina Reads. In real life. AND IT WAS GREAT. So much could have gone wrong, you guys. It could have been really awkward. But bookish internet people are actually a dream in real life. I'm basing this off of my experience with one person, but I stand by my opinion.

Lucky for you, we recorded some of our experiences going to a bookstore together and answering questions that you lovely folks sent in. Well, answering some of them. We're really ramble-y. I had to edit 2 hours of footage. ENJOY!



Thank you guys again for all of your questions! ISN'T SHE THE BEST?? By the way, please don't be intimidated by Shaina's stance as my "book blogging soulmate" if you'd also like to be friends with me. If I find somebody better, I can get rid of her. Please send friendship applications to my email.

The wise words of Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller.


Does anybody experience similar internet friend making anxiety? Please be my friend.


Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...