A Readathon Mini-Challenge: #CoverFromMemory

A Readathon Mini-Challenge: #CoverFromMemory

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Happy Readathon, everybody! I'm happy to be here with a ridiculous mini-challenge for you. I don't know about you all, but even before I was a bookseller, I prided myself on how I would remember the covers of books. I'm not completely helpless when a customer comes up to me and says that they don't know the name of the book, but it's blue. But how good would I actually be at reproducing these book covers? It's time to find out.

What I want you to do is think of a book. Now, with no googling or shelf-searching, you need to draw it. You don't need to be an artist! Let's be real, the uglier it is, the funnier it is. Imaginary bonus points if you use MS Paint. Here's my example where I drew Grief is the Thing with Feathers by Max Porter.




Oops.

Accuracy won't get you the win; just participation! Either post your creation in the comments or share it on social media with the hashtags #Readathon and #CoverFromMemory. The winner will be randomly chosen and will get to choose a prize from the prize page. Good luck!

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...