It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Sept. 26, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Sept. 26, 2016]

Monday, September 26, 2016

I'm at it again with spending more time crafting than reading. My crystal embroidery is done (well, I could add black outlines, but I'm not sure if they need it). I'm now more than halfway finished with crocheting a yoga mat holder, which is perhaps the most white girl thing I've ever said in my life dear god. But anyway, I hate crocheting, and each time I do it I have to basically reteach myself everything. It took me a ton of brain power to figure out this pattern, because I had to modify it. I don't know if people realize how much knitting and crocheting is math, it's ridiculous. But I'm now able to do it without thinking, so I can enjoy an audiobook while working. Life is good.

These colors worked together 100x better than I imagined. I was fully prepared for a hideous yoga fiesta.


ALSO, Litsy just came out for Android users! Now everyone can get in on the fun! You can follow me at @OutlandishLit to see casual reading updates in real time. If you follow me on Goodreads, you may have noticed that I'm now enormously bad at updating my reading status. And that's because I do soooo much book hopping and not finishing books. On Litsy, you'll actually hear about the books I start.



THIS WEEK I READ:
  • zip

CURRENTLY READING: 

This audiobook is still amazing. I'm already recommending  The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson to everybody and I've got like four hours left of it.







Right now I'm really really enjoying Shelter in Place by Alexander Maksik. I've never read anything by him before, but I LOVE his writing style. I keep finding myself marking passages, which is a good sign. And his representation of bipolar disorder is pretty interesting.




I literally just read the first essay in this collection last night (it was titled "Against Exercise" and it was great). Against Everything by Mark Greif is proving to be a very smart collection of critical essays already. And Mark Greif is the co-founder of n+1, who knew? I think I'm going to do an essay before bed kind of situation, which I've never really done before. Depending on how long the essays are.


What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...