It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [May 30, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [May 30, 2016]

Monday, May 30, 2016

I'm cured! For the most part. I think. I feel a whole lot better and can function and do things such as "my job." I have very little else to report, because that's pretty much just been my life.  I swear, I'm working on being an interesting person again. I am.



Oh wait! In the past couple weeks I met Joe Hill and Moby! I guess that's kind of interesting. I got to photograph them as they were doing events at the bookstore. Joe Hill was an absolute gem. I also helped at that event with taking photos of people with Joe Hill on their phones. He was down for any kind of weird request. He and I eventually came up with a way to quickly communicate that a photo was to take place. Each time I would yell "CODE FOUR" and he'd jump up and be ready for action. Great guy. Moby was a little less fun. Cool, but not super friendly. Which is fine. We can't all be Joe Hill.





THIS WEEK I READ:
  • Some Possible Solutions by Helen Phillips


CURRENTLY READING: 

Yup, I've started another new book. I have no self-control. I'm maybe 50 pages into HEX by Thomas Olde Heuvelt and it's kind of unsettling. But the thing is he updated it for the English translation to be like super contemporary, so the writing is kind of killing me. There's so much talk of YouTube channels and GoPros and apps -- and it's written so awkwardly, it ALREADY sounds dated. So that's a struggle. I giggle or groan every other page. Am I too picky? I'm trying to give it a chance, though, and stick with it. Because I like the creepy witch. We'll see how it goes.


What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...