It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [March 14, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [March 14, 2016]

Monday, March 14, 2016

The weather has been amazing this past week and it has had a HUGE impact on my mood. It's like it's spring! There's warmth! Even though I'm not going to let myself fall for March's tricks, all of a sudden I want to do things. What am I feeling?? Despite having a really busy work week, I've managed to go places to do activities. I took a miniature trip to Hudson, Wisconsin. It was gloomy and wonderfully creepy. I ate at a restaurant that used to be a post office (and still looks like one on the outside). And I went to a horrifying bookstore/antique shop.




Because of all this doing stuff, I haven't had a lot of time to actually sit and read. I started some stuff. Lots of stuff. On Monday I finished the very short Mislaid by Nell Zink. And as of Sunday night, I finished up a couple books that I have low-key been reading forever. The Three was an interesting, unsettling thriller. Songs of a Dead Dreamer is one of the best collections of supernatural horror stories I've ever read.

 

THIS WEEK I READ:

  • Mislaid by Nell Zink
  • The Woods, Vol. 3 by James Tynion IV
  • The Three by Sarah Lotz
  • Songs of a Dead Dreamer by Thomas Ligotti

CURRENTLY READING:

 

At this point I'm not really deep into any book. I just have a stack of books barely started. But the one that I'm most likely going to continue reading immediately is What is Not Yours is Not Yours by Helen Oyeyemi. I didn't even finish the first story, that's how bad I was at reading this past week. But so far so good! She's a great writer.






What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...