Needing sci-fi led me to an amazing store in Minneapolis called Uncle Hugo's. It's a massive used book store with actual piles of science fiction everywhere. And in the back there's mysteries, but I admittedly did not go anywhere near there.
THIS WEEK I READ:
- A Cure for Suicide by Jesse Ball - Weird weird weird and so interesting. Review coming Wednesday.
- They're Not Like Us #1 by Eric Stephenson - Telepaths who have to kill their parents? Or something?
- Trees #11 by Warren Ellis - This series used to be interesting. Waiting for it to pick up again.
- ODY-C #1 by Matt Fraction - The Odyssey with all female/intersex characters IN SPACE.
- Memetic #1-3 by James Tynion IV - A viral image of a happy sloth brainwashes the world.
I read like no crime fiction ever, but this summer is becoming a ~going outside of my comfort zone~ time. Did I ever read comics before? Not really. Maybe just Watchmen and Persepolis. But anyway, I've heard good, creepy things about Birdman by Mo Hayder, so I got it from the library. I'm officially one page in, so I don't know what this serial killer's deal is yet, but it is probably going to get weird.