It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [March 9, 2015]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [March 9, 2015]

Monday, March 9, 2015

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey!

Hi, guys. I'm back. I wanted to first thank all of you for your kind words on my last post/twitter/real life. I felt kind of silly posting about my cat, but his passing really freaked me out. Like I wasn't prepared for it at all, and it shook up all of my plans. Thank you for being so kind and understanding!

I fell a little behind in reading this past week. I had Sweetland out from the library like 5 days overdue, oops. And my ARC reading schedule is all out of whack. BUT I'm catching up. And it was a great weekend, otherwise! My boyfriend came to visit me, which was the best thing that could have happened while I was in this state of distress.

Oh, and the boss who I read Gilead with? Well, I thought our 2 person book club was a bust, because we both hated the book. And he's a grumpy fellow. But the other day he told me he ordered two copies of our next book club read!! I'm super honored even though I want a say in it. He did make a point of choosing a female author. He really cares. We'll be reading The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers! Pumped.


This week I read:

 

  • Sweetland by Michael Crummey - Oh wow. Oh my. This one really did punch me right in the gut. At first I didn't think it would get to me so much. The ending was just amazing. I ugly cried. I ugly cried and it felt so good.


Currently Reading: 

 

Yes, finally getting to this one now that it's due back at the library in two days! I'm really enjoying the weird fantastical elements in The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac so far. The characters all seem really well realized and I'm interested in the format of following a character by jumping to different years in his life, often with large gaps that aren't really filled in. I'm only 60 pages in at this point, but I'm totally in!








I've read two chapters of this now (finally!) and I'm definitely intrigued. Pretty dark, startling introduction. I don't know why all of the books I've been reading have been about dudes in the woods, though. After Soil, I have to mix it up a bit. Well, after Soil I'll do a girl in the woods and THEN I'll mix it up.








What are you reading this week?

 


Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...