The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Friday, February 13, 2015

Thanks, Casey from Story Notions for nominating me! I'm super honored! I often don't follow through with these/take forever to do them after nomination. But this graphic was so 90s, that I couldn't resist. Also I told myself to drop the anxiety and just DO IT. I like answering questions anyway. Here goes!

Here are the rules for the The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:

1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2. Post the award's logo onto your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions you've been asked.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions.

My Answers:


1. What are you currently reading? 
I just finished up The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K. Le Guin (which was AMAZING) moments ago. Now I'm focusing my attention on The Deep by Nick Cutter! It's pretty creepy, but moving a little too slow for my taste. I just want to be scared already. Or just read some literary fiction, whatever.

2. What book do you remember first reading for fun and enjoying? Or what book really got you into reading (for the first time, or again)?
Throughout high school/the first half of college I kind of only read books occasionally or for school, despite loving them when I was younger. I mean, I enjoyed them, but I just didn't read that much. That changed a few years ago when I got Orlando by Viriginia Woolf. Since then, I haven't stopped going to the library regularly.

3. Who's your favorite author? That you'd want to be best friends with? (I know, hard question).
Oh god. Mark Z. Danielewski or Virginia Woolf or J.R.R. Tolkien or I don't know! To be best friends with? Ugh. Maybe Karin Tidbeck or Miranda July, because I feel like it would be like being friends with Bjork.

4. What's your favorite on going TV show?
Oh no, I don't know the answer to this one either. Game of Thrones? Girls? Dance Moms?

5. Favorite book of last month?
Probably The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin or All the Birds, Singing by Evie Wyld.

6. Are you a tea drinker? A coffee drinker? Or both/neither?
Like, neither. Especially don't like coffee. I like chai tea, though.

7. Do you need anything special to read? (Certain spot, drink, snack, noise level)
Need? Quiet, kind of. At least no talking or TV going on. I can't help but latch on to words people are saying. Otherwise, I don't need anything. But chai tea and little Dutch waffle cookies certainly make it nicer.

8. If you could be transported into any magical world... which one would you not want to end up in?
Haha oh I don't know. Maybe Area X in the Southern Reach trilogy. That just seems like too much weird to comprehend. I guess I don't read about enough magical worlds.

9. And which one would you want to end up in?
Middle Earth! I love that shit so much.

10. What's your favorite book cover you've seen of a 2015 release?
Probably The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac by Sharma Shields. But it's too soon to say! Impress me, 2015.











Here are MY questions/demands!


1. What's the weirdest book you've ever read?
2. What's your favorite book cover?
3. Condense the summary of your least favorite book into a haiku.
4. If you've met an author, who was it? If not, who would you like to meet?
5. Tell me your personal ebook feelings.
6. What book do you recommend to people most?
7. How do you feel about open endings?
8. You're Jack in The Shining. What line from a book will you type over and over again to frighten your family?
9. Do you like me? Circle one: Y / N. Just kidding. What's the worst book recommendation you've ever received?
10. What book would you have sent into space to best represent humans?

I nominate:

M from Backlist Books
Shaina from Shaina Reads
Heather from Bitsnbooks
Elizabeth from Forrest of Books
T from Bookpiles & Blanketforts
Lori from An Irreverent Escapade
Leah from Books Speak Volumes

10 is too hard. I already feel anxious asking you seven! (You don't have to do it if you don't want). If you want to do these questions without me tagging you, just do it! Or tell me, and I'll edit this to tag you. It'll be our secret, nobody will ever know. Either way, link to your post so I can read your answers! Or even answer them in the comments if you don't want to dedicate a post to this. Do you.


Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...