Bout of Books 12 - Let's Do This

Bout of Books 12 - Let's Do This

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Yesssss, it's here! Bout of Books 12 is here! Ok, I wasn't like anxiously awaiting it, but I saw that it was happening in two days and I got pumped. I participated last time in August and it was just the thing to get me out of my book slump.

If you haven't heard of Bout of Books before, here's some more information:


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


I'm not going to do official goals until my master post in a couple days, but I do intend to read at least 3 books. Or, rather, finish 3 books. I did 2 last year (one of them was 600 pages, don't hate). Right now I have 3 books sitting unfinished. Happy Like Murderers by Gordon Burn, The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin, and The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers. I'm like halfway through each of them and I need to get my act together.

I also really want to get into the social side of Bout of Books! I'm going to check out at least one of the twitter chats.

If you find this post from the Bout of Books linkup, be sure to say hi! I'd love to make friends with more bloggers.

Can't wait for the 5th!


Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...