It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [April 11, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [April 11, 2016]

Monday, April 11, 2016

It does not even feel like an entire week has passed since last Monday. Does anybody else feel that?? I've been working a lot, either at the bookstore or at my other job doing a lot of printing flyers at the moment. It's super mundane, but I get to listen to audiobooks, so that's nice. What else has been going on? Obviously Stardew Valley. And I've been spending hours a day studying and trying to relearn Japanese for no reason in particular.........

The Long Shadow of Small Ghosts proved to be really really good and managed to break my reading slump. Not that I was really slumping, but I just wasn't psyched about sitting down to read. Review of that coming up this week. GET YOUR HANDS ON IT IF YOU LIKE MURDER. Or, you know, looks at poverty and class in America. Or both!

Oh, one more thing! Be on the look out for a new kind of post that I'm going to start to do on Saturdays!


THIS WEEK I READ:

  • The Long Shadow of Small Ghosts by Laura Tillman


CURRENTLY READING:

 

I'm about 50 pages into Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel and it's a lot of fun to read. It's written almost entirely in interview format so it's very quick. In this book about a girl who falls into a glowing hole onto a giant, buried metal hand, it seems as if my favorite kind of aliens might make an appearance: ancient aliens. It definitely has some The Sentinel by Arthur C Clarke vibes (a short story that I already told you to read). But some of the dialogue (which is basically the entire book) is kind of dorky. So we'll see if the good outweighs the bad. I'LL LET YOU KNOW. Comes out April 26.




What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...