It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [July 6, 2015]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [July 6, 2015]

Monday, July 6, 2015


As you may know, it was me and my boyfriend's two year anniversary a week ago. We just celebrated a few days late. As promised, I'm going to mention the cute shit. Several of his gifts definitely fed into my book problem. He got me two new bookshelves!! It was very exciting, because 1) I was out of book space, and 2) I fucking love putting furniture together. Actually SO MUCH FUN. And then I received a gift card to a bookstore, which will take him a few steps closer to buying me another new set of bookshelves.


We had fun. Oh, and Camp Nanowrimo has started! I've hardly started working on my novel. I'm just reading over the stuff that I wrote in November. We still have a number of spaces in our virtual cabin, so let me know if you want to join in!


THIS WEEK I READ:

  • Gender Outlaws by Kate Bornstein and S. Bear Bergman

CURRENTLY READING:



I got Oyster by Janette Turner Hospital a month or two ago and I'm FINALLY going to read it. I don't know, I've been craving a book about a cult. Not that I've read one before, I don't think. But that sounds like a good time, right? And in the Australian outback? YES.







I don't know why, but right now I'm really leaning away from straight literary fiction. I really don't want to read about people and their relationships with other people. People and their relationships with aliens or magic? That sounds better. The first book in this series, The Killing Moon, was absolutely amazing. And I'm not a fantasy reader at all. The Shadowed Sun by N.K. Jemisin continues the Egypt-based dream magic weirdness with some new characters. PUMPED.

 




What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...