It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [June 15, 2015]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [June 15, 2015]

Monday, June 15, 2015

What a week it's been. It's been a little crazy getting back into a work schedule. I've been trying to figure out how to prioritize my time again. It's shockingly hard when you're not in school. At school and work for the past two years, I was constantly aware of what time it was. Because, you know, I needed to get out of wherever I was pronto and something was always due. Now time just kind of slips by. My work schedule's about to get a lot more regular, so maybe that'll help. I'm working on it.


I got stuck on a slow book all week, but now I'm finished and it's reviewed and I'M FREE. Bring me the alien books. Isn't Lagoon beautiful?


THIS WEEK I READ:

So I didn't realize that Saga didn't have unlimited volumes for me to binge. It was quite a shock to realize there wasn't a volume 5 yet. Do I start buying single issues or wait until the end of the year for volume 5? HELP.

CURRENTLY READING:


I just started Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor and so far I LOVE IT. I've been craving science fiction. In the prologue, a swordfish is the narrator. And the swordfish gets crazy powers from an alien. YES.
Despite the FPSO Mystras's loading hose leaking crude oil, the ocean water just outside Lagos, Nigeria, is now so clean that a cup of its salty-sweet goodness will heal the worst human illnesses and cause a hundred more illnesses not yet known to humankind. It is more alive than it has been in centuries and it is teeming with aliens and monsters.


I sort of meant to read this one like two years ago, but it didn't actually happen. The People in the Trees by Hanya Yanagihara seems like just the kind of weird and dark I need to speed my reading back up. I actually have it physically from the library. Honestly, ebooks are so hard for me to get myself to read. Anyway, now that I've read A Little Life, I know I can trust Yanagihara.






What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...