It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [March 16, 2015]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [March 16, 2015]

Monday, March 16, 2015

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey!

It's been pretty busy over here, as I'm getting ready for my trip to San Francisco on Wednesday! I'm skipping two classes to make this trip happen, so I have to get a bigger amount of work done (midterm projects) in a shorter amount of time. I was hoping that I'd be able to get my ARC reading schedule back in order after taking a week off, but it's not happening. Oh well, tapered reviews are more useful than every blog writing about the same book all at once. Right, publishers?? Right?! Whatever, that's my new justification for taking a bit longer.

It's 60 degrees here! Some of the time! And it'll be a tropical paradise in California! I haven't a care in the world. Mostly.


This week I read:

 

  • The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac by Sharma Shields - Wow. I thought this was going to be like minor magical realism for some metaphors' sakes. But no. Like there are straight up literal sasquatches, lake monsters, unicorns, whatever the hell else. I mean, granted, some were still metaphorical. I just. Weird. I definitely liked it, but I'm uncertain if I liked the ending.


Currently Reading: 

 


I wish I could say that I'm loving Soil by Jamie Kornegay, but for some reason this one is really slow going. Definitely dark. Into the paranoia. Not as into the weird sex stuff (surprising, right?). Hopefully I'll finish within the next few days!










Over the past couple of weeks I've been reading The Fever by Megan Abbott with M from Backlist Books. We just do it every once in a while when we're feeling book slump-y or are bored, and we read like 30% at a time. We read at the same time and after each chapter we regroup and chat about them. It's a good time. I definitely like it a lot. It's riveting and I'm SUPER perplexed by what's going on. I've got some ideas, though.








What are you reading this week?

 


Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...