January 2015 Rundown

January 2015 Rundown

Tuesday, February 3, 2015




This month has been a great start to my reading and my last semester of college! Only 2/7 books did I just feel ok about. And I read 7 in a month! Which could be a record for me, but maybe not.

What I Did IRL

  1. I had a long, relaxing winter break. Even though I was still really sick. I spent every day of it with my boyfriend, and caught up with a lot of family and old friends as frequently as I could manage!
  2. I got interviewed for a newspaper article! Your girl did Nanowrimo and somebody thinks that's worth publishing in a paper. I told her my pen name was James Franco. I hope she knew I was kidding. Regrets.
  3. I got really into Animal Crossing. It doesn't matter. It's not a big deal. But like tell me your friend code if you play too, my town has the cutest hamsters in it.
  4. I booktubed for the first time! I talked about books here and here, and tried to be funny but was mostly surprised by plots I should have researched before making said videos.
  5. I started my last semester of college. The gravity of that sentence still hasn't quite sunk in. I don't hate any of the classes yet, I feel confident that I'll be able to produce high quality products, and I managed to get two days off a week! Granted, at least one of them will be taken away with my upcoming work schedule. But these two weeks have been sooo nice. I'm working on creating better balance in my life. Oh, did I mention that one of the classes is a sci-fi reading/writing class? Yeah. It's pretty good/really weird.

Books Read

 

 

  1. The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin - My first fantasy since LoTR and one of the best books I've ever read.
  2. All the Birds, Singing by Evie Wyld - Weird. Amazing.
  3. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - Thanks again, M! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
  4. The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers - Dark, so haunting, can't stop thinking about some of these little, old stories.
  5. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng - My first audiobook! I ugly cried. So good.
  6. We Are All Completely Fine by Daryl Gregory - Definitely interesting, pretty fun.
  7. Happy Like Murderers by Gordon Burn - HEAVY.

Books I Plan to Read in February

  1. The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K. Le Guin - I've already started this and it's everything. I don't know why I put it off for so long. Two separate people have given it to me in the course of 10 years!
  2. Of Things Gone Astray by Janina Matthewson - I'm actually going to finish this one tonight. Quuiiiiirky.
  3. Hall of Small Mammals by Thomas Pierce - I might just want to look at the cover.
  4. The Last Bad Man by Miranda July - I've got intense lady boner/passionate love for Miranda July.
  5. Sweetland by Michael Crummey - I want my heart wrenched.
  6. The Deep by Nick Cutter - Give me the creepy.
  7. ?????? WHO KNOWS! I live life to the fullest by not deciding things ever.

Things I'm Looking Forward to in February

  1. Nothin. It's gross in Chicago.
  2. Just kidding, Valentine's Day. Don't laugh! My long distance boyfriend is coming into town and promises to woo me. GOOD LUCK, MISTER, MY HEART IS A COLD, HARD ROCK. I totally don't cry every time I watch Christian the Lion on youtube.
  3. Oh god, it's seriously so gross in Chicago. It's never going to end. How is all of February left?
  4. My upcoming payday? But I've got to be real with myself, that will be a disappointment.
  5. Ok, staying inside and reading by myself. That's it.

 

Happy February, everyone! How did your January go?

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...